Last Updated: March16, 2022
This Skylight API Policy (“API Policy”) describes the principles used by The Allen Institute for Artificial Intelligence (“AI2”) to determine whether AI2 will make the Skylight API available to you, your organization and/or entity (collectively, “you”) for integration with a third-party platform or SaaS product (“Platform”). The Skylight API enables the display of certain content and information from AI2’s Skylight™ platform and service through the Platform (collectively, “Skylight Content”).
The Skylight API is intended for organizations that share the wider mission and vision of Skylight. AI2 reserves the right to refuse, revoke, suspend or terminate your access or use of the Skylight API at any time. AI2 may also modify, restrict or limit any features of the Skylight API or any Skylight Content in its sole discretion. Your use of the Skylight API and Skylight Content are subject to and governed by the terms and conditions in the Skylight End User License Agreement (“EULA”). You must accept and agree to the EULA in order for AI2 to grant you access to the Skylight API. If you are not a developer or provider of the Platform, the Platform entity must also accept and agree to the EULA or otherwise have a separate written agreement with AI2 governing the use of the Skylight API and Skylight Content. AI2 may modify or update this API Policy at any time and will provide notice of any changes by updating the “last updated” date on this page.
Principles for Skylight API Eligibility
AI2 may determine that a Platform is eligible for integration of the Skylight API if the following principles are met:
- Platform’s mission is to reduce IUU fishing, maritime crimes, and/or improve ocean health (“Purpose”).
- Platform is solely for non-commercial use by the following (collectively, “Platform Users”): country government agencies, multilateral organizations comprised of country members that are affiliated with or work with government agencies (e.g. Regional Fisheries Management Organizations or Regional Maritime Coordination Organizations), and other non-profit organizations or academic institutions for research and educational purposes in furtherance of the Purpose.
- Platform is provided at no monetary cost to Platform Users.
- Platform must meet AI2’s technical and security requirements for the Skylight API, and Platform personnel must have the capacity to do the integration work with minimal assistance from AI2.
- Platform integration is either (a) requested directly by a Platform User, as memorialized in writing via a letter or email OR (b) is specified in the terms of a separate written agreement or MOU between AI2 and the Platform User.
The Skylight API is not intended for commercial use.
- AI2 may reject, revoke or terminate access to the Skylight API at any time for Platforms that charge or intend to charge any fees or costs of any kind (collectively, “Platform Fees”) to Platform Users or other end users.
- If there are any Platform Fees that will be charged in the future, AI2 may limit the Platform’s use and availability of the Skylight API until such Platform Fees are charged.
- If you wish to integrate the Skylight API with a Platform that charges Platform Fees:
- AI2 may charge for the Platform’s use of the Skylight API as a fee-based integration, subject to the parties entering a separate written agreement for the same.
- AI2 may reject any request for the Skylight API to a Platform that serves use cases, customers or end users that conflict with the Purpose, or that otherwise could be used for purposes that are detrimental or harmful to the Purpose as determined by AI2 in its sole discretion.
- If there are any plans to charge Platform Fees after the Skylight API has been integrated with the Platform for non-commercial use, please notify AI2 immediately using the email below.
For any questions about this API Policy or for more information about the Skylight API, please email email@example.com.