Last Updated: September 1, 2021
Information AI2 Collects
“Personal information” is information that can personally identify you, such as your name or email address. Personal information also includes other data that can reasonably be linked to your personally identifiable information. You can directly or indirectly provide your personal information through your use of the Skylight Services. The following describes the types of personal information we may collect:
- User Account: When you sign up for a User Account, AI2 stores the personal information you provide with the account creation form, such as your full name, email address, organization name, job title, and your state or country of residence. AI2 will use your account information to provide the Skylight Services to you, including any associated technical, administrative and support services. AI2 will also use the contact information linked to your User Account to send you legal notices and other communications regarding the Skylight Services as may be necessary to comply with applicable laws.
- Features: If you opt-in, subscribe or enable certain Features to receive Alerts, AI2 stores the contact information you provide, such as your email address. AI2 will use your contact information for the purpose of sending Alerts and communications for the Features you have enabled.
- Browsers and devices: AI2 collects certain information about the browsers and devices you use to access the Skylight Services, including unique identifiers. Unique identifiers are cookie files used to uniquely identify a browser or device. Please see the section below on “Cookies” for more information.
- IP address. AI2 collects your Internet Protocol (IP) address whenever you access the Skylight Services, which is a number automatically assigned to your computer or device when you browse the internet. These numbers are usually assigned based on geography, so an IP address can often be used to identify the general geographic area of where a device is connecting to the internet. AI2 uses your IP address to administer and address technical issues with the Skylight Services.
- Use statistics. AI2 collects information about how your browsers and devices interact with the Skylight Services, including crash reports, system activity, and the date, time and referrer URL (the webpage you came from if you clicked a link to access the Skylight Services). AI2 also collects statistical information about user activity on the Skylight Services, including web traffic, and the date, time, duration and number of visits.
- Feedback: If you submit or provide any Feedback to AI2, you are solely responsible for its contents and any personal information you may disclose therein. Provision of any Feedback is at your own risk. AI2 does not knowingly collect or monitor Feedback for personal information, and may use Feedback in any manner without any obligation or limitation in accordance with the terms of the EULA. If AI2 discovers it has received any personal information in error, it will take steps to delete the data as soon as possible without notice to you.
- Strictly Necessary Cookies. “Strictly Necessary Cookies” are cookies that are necessary for a website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems.
- Performance Cookies. “Performance Cookies” are cookies that allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of a website.
How Your Information is Used
Please see below on the circumstances where AI2n may share your personal information with others:
- Service Providers: AI2 may use third party providers to provide or support some of the services that are available through the Skylight Services. AI2 may also rely on third party providers to perform certain services for AI2 in connection with your use of the Skylight Services, such as, but not limited to, communications and hosting services, network security, technical and user support, tracking and reporting functions, quality assurance testing, and other functions. AI2 may share your information with these third party providers so that they can perform their services or complete your requests. These third party providers may share information with AI2 that they obtain from or about you in connection with providing their services or completing your requests. Some of Skylight Services web pages utilize framing techniques to serve content to you from our third party providers, while preserving the look and feel of the Skylight Services. In such cases, please note that the information you provide is being provided to the third party.
- Investigations: AI2 may investigate and disclose your personal information if it has a good faith belief that such disclosure (a) is reasonably necessary to comply with legal process and law enforcement instructions and orders, such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute, judicial proceeding, or other legal process served on AI2; (b) is helpful to prevent, investigate, or identify possible fraud wrongdoing in connection with the Skylight Services; (c) is necessary to act under exigent circumstances to protect the safety of the public or users of the Skylight Services, (d) is reasonably necessary to protect AI2’s rights, reputation, property, or that of its users, affiliates, partners or the public.
Managing Your Information
Google Web Tools
You can manage how your information is shared and used with Google Web Tools as follows:
- Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on. Google has developed a browser add-on tool to enable visitors of websites with Google cookies and tags to prevent Google Analytics from receiving their information. This add-on will not prevent websites from collecting information through other first-party or third-party cookies and tags. You can download and install the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on to begin using this tool.
- Google settings. In addition to above, you can manage how Google uses the information obtained through Google Web Tools and other cookies, and how it interacts with other Google products by changing the settings in your Google account. For example, you can restrict personalization features used in Google ads by changing your preference settings in your Google account to prevent use for targeted ads and content. Please review Google’s Privacy Controls for more general information on how you can configure various privacy and share settings through Google.
- Third party tools. Third parties have also developed mechanisms for opting out of various cookies that use and share information collected from Google Web Tools and other sources for advertising purposes. For US-based users, the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) WebChoices is a tool that enables you to view and manage the cookies used for online advertising. For EU-based users, there is Your Online Choices.
Information collected from the Skylight Services will be stored and processed in the United States. If you are located outside of the United States and visit the Site, we may transfer your information outside of your country. Where personal information is transferred from the European Economic Area (“EEA”) or Switzerland, we rely on appropriate safeguards to transfer the data. The data protection and other applicable laws of the United States or other countries may not be as comprehensive as those laws or regulations in your country and may otherwise differ from the data protection or consumer protection laws in such jurisdictions.
AI2 is committed to protecting the security of your information and follows generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information it receives. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, devices, or cloud or electronic storage is 100% secure. Therefore, while AI2 strives to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, AI2 cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Personal Information of Children
Skylight Services are intended for a general audience, and AI2 does not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If you become aware that a child has provided AI2 with personal information without parental consent, please contact AI2 at firstname.lastname@example.org. If AI2 becomes aware that a child under 16 has provided personal information without parental consent, AI2 will take steps to delete such data as soon as possible.
European Union (EU) Residents: Your Privacy Rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are located in the EU, we will collect personal information only if AI2 has one or more legal bases for doing so under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The legal bases depend on your interaction with the Skylight Services. AI2 will only collect personal information from you where: (i) you have given your consent for one or more specific purposes; (ii) it is necessary to perform a contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you; (iii) it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests; (iv) it is necessary to protect the vital interests of you or another natural person; or (v) it is necessary to comply with a legal obligation. Where we rely on your consent to process personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, and where we rely on legitimate interests, you may have the right to object to our processing.
Data Subject Rights
If you are located in the EU, you can submit a request regarding your personal information to email@example.com. To submit a request, you must provide certain information such as your first name, last name and email address, your relationship to AI2, and details about your request. AI2 will only use the information you provide to evaluate, process, fulfill or contact you regarding your request (e.g. to follow up or ask for additional details about your request). If the GDPR applies to your personal information, AI2 will provide an initial response within one (1) month of your submission date. Please note that if you provide incorrect or insufficient information, AI2 may not be able to fulfill your request.
Account Termination and Data Retention